Get involved with Alumni Council
The UA College of Nursing Alumni Council is comprised of proud Wildcat Nurses. All graduates of the College automatically become members of its Alumni Council. There are no dues but many opportunities to get involved and stay connected to your fellow alums, nursing colleagues, faculty and students.
- Mission: The mission of the Alumni Council is to actively support the College of Nursing in its commitment to excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service.
- Vision: The vision of the Alumni Council is to sustain college pride in past, present and future excellence.
- Purpose: Support and promote the University of Arizona College of Nursing, further the interests of graduates of the College of Nursing and provide a means for alumni involvement
Marjorie Pazzi, RN, BSN, CCRP
Alumni Council President
Taking the reins from Dr. Jane Carrington, Margie Pazzi, class of ‘79 accepted a two-year term as Alumni Council President beginning July 1, 2020. Margie currently serves as Director for the Center for Neurosciences Clinical Research Program in Tucson. In taking on leadership for the Alumni Council, Margie shared: “The University of Arizona College of Nursing prepared me for success, no matter what the health care setting, or what type of job it was. As Alumni Council President, I look forward to giving back to the college, my fellow alumni and future wildcat nurses, through connecting, mentoring, and career development.”
Alumni Council Homecoming Awards
Through the University of Arizona Alumni Association, we honor several outstanding Wildcat Nursing alumni each year. Consider nominating an outstanding alum for their contributions. Past awardees have been honored for Professional Achievement, Wildcat spirit and Public Service, to name just a few. We also identify nominees for our annual Alumnus of the Year through this process.
Becoming active in the Alumni Council is easy.
The Alumni Council is led by a Board that meets monthly. All are welcome to join in meetings in person on the Tucson campus or via zoom. Meetings focus on event planning including homecoming, student engagement events, and social events for alumni. Our bylaws can be viewed here.
2020 Alumni Council Board of Directors
- Contact Andy Fisher at 520-626-6022 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to be included on the alumni council list-serve
- Sign up for the Wildcat Nursing News
- Stay connected: Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or connect with on LinkedIn
- Sign up for the Bear Down Network
Share your alumni news
Do you have news about yourself or a fellow College of Nursing alumnus/alumna? Please tell us about it, and give us a way to contact you. We love to hear your stories, and to share them with the college and UA community. Have a Wildcat Nursing memory or class picture you would like to share? Email Jason Gelt at email@example.com or call at 520-626-2742.