Get involved with Alumni Council
The UA College of Nursing Alumni Council is comprised of proud Wildcat Nurses. All graduates of the College automatically become members of its Alumni Council. There are no dues but many opportunities to get involved and stay connected to your fellow alums, nursing colleagues, faculty and students.
- Mission: The mission of the Alumni Council is to actively support the College of Nursing in its commitment to excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service.
- Vision: The vision of the Alumni Council is to sustain college pride in past, present and future excellence.
- Purpose: Support and promote the University of Arizona College of Nursing, further the interests of graduates of the College of Nursing and provide a means for alumni involvement
Melissa M Goldsmith, PhD, RNC
Alumni Council President
Taking the reins from Margie Pazzi, Melissa Goldsmith, class of 2004, accepted a two-year term as Alumni Council President beginning July 1, 2022. Melissa currently serves as an Associate Clinical Professor in Tucson. In taking on leadership for the Alumni Council, Melissa shared: “I look forward to representing the alumni council and really getting the word out about what we do, and also being involved with events like homecoming that engage our alumni, students, and potentially faculty at the College of Nursing. This is a great opportunity to become involved again with a really great organization.”
Alumni Council Homecoming Awards
Through the University of Arizona Alumni Association, we honor several outstanding Wildcat Nursing alumni each year. Consider nominating an outstanding alum for their contributions. Past awardees have been honored for Professional Achievement, Wildcat spirit and Public Service, to name just a few. We also identify nominees for our annual Alumnus of the Year through this process.
Becoming active in the Alumni Council is easy.
The Alumni Council is led by a Board that meets monthly. All are welcome to join in meetings in person on the Tucson campus or via zoom. Meetings focus on event planning including homecoming, student engagement events, and social events for alumni. Our bylaws can be viewed here.
2022 Alumni Council Board of Directors
- Contact Ashley Hammarstrom, MA at 520-626-6022 or email@example.com if you have questions or would like to be included on the alumni council list-serve
- Sign up for the Wildcat Nursing News
- Stay connected: Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or connect with on LinkedIn
- Sign up for the Bear Down Network
Share your alumni news
Do you have news about yourself or a fellow College of Nursing alumnus/alumna? Please tell us about it, and give us a way to contact you. We love to hear your stories, and to share them with the college and UA community. Have a Wildcat Nursing memory or class picture you would like to share? Email Jason Gelt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 520-626-2742.
Upcoming Alumni Events
University of Arizona Giving Day
On Feb. 14, join us in an exciting opportunity for our students and faculty by giving to our Giving Day Student Emersion Trip Match Campaign.
Our vision is to shape future nurses by preparing them to be culturally responsive through experiential learning travel. These opportunities allow students the chance to elevate their skills, perspective, and understanding through the power of hands-on experiences.
Help us send up to 10 students and 5 faculty per trip to a designated area of service to help our communities with vaccinations, sports physicals, and other general healthcare needs. These trips also help alleviate some pressure on local areas due to the nursing shortage we are currently experiencing.
Thank you -- your contribution will help students serve our communities inclusively and innovatively!