We, the College of Nursing Staff Advisory Council (hereafter the Council), support staff in the College of Nursing by providing a path for information, acting in an advocacy role, promoting mentoring opportunities, recognizing achievements, supporting professional development, encouraging inclusiveness, and following through with and enhancing the College of Nursing and Health Sciences Strategic Plans.
Council officers serve as liaisons and advisors to the Dean of the College of Nursing on staff issues. The Council’s goal is to empower staff within the College of Nursing, enhance their work environment, and build a sense of community.
Staff Awards Committee
- Coordinates yearly CON Staff Awards process
- Recognize outstanding staff accomplishments
- Communicate about UA and external award opportunities
Events and Retreat
- Obtain approval, plan, and execute annual staff retreat
- Plan additional events to promote staff connections
Outreach and Communications
- Promote participation in CON Staff Council
- Develop and maintain CON Staff Council web page
- Improve communications among staff
- Communicate staff professional development opportunities
- Advocate for staff professional/personal development and well-being
- Provide recommendations to the Staff Advisory Council on changes to support staff for professional/personal wellbeing