This is a big step, but you don’t have to take it alone.
Some students have their hearts set on a certain path, some aren’t sure which direction to go, and others might fall somewhere in between. For over 60 years, we have been working with students to find an educational path that leads them to a life-changing career. Our Academic Advisors can help take your passion and turn it into a profession.
Not sure where to start or thinking of changing majors? Attend an Information Session or Application Workshop and get all the info you need.
The Pre-Professional Nursing Program has minimum requirements and eligibility in order to declare the major. Visit the Prerequisites and Pre-Nursing page to learn more. Students unable to meet the Pre-Nursing requirements are encouraged to connect with the Pre-Health Advising Center for advising until they are eligible to declare Pre-Nursing or apply to the BSN program.
Additional questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call 520-626-3808.
Academic Advising Appointments
Meeting with an academic advisor is possible through quick drop-ins and more in-depth appointments:
- In-Depth academic advising appointments are available to all UA students and prospective students. All appointments are 30 minutes, and due to COVID will take place over zoom or over the phone. You may choose your preference when you book an appointment, and may do so by going to student.trellis.arizona.edu. Please review all relevant information and prepare questions before scheduling a meeting, so that we may best assist you with your specific detailed questions.
- For extensive questions or longer sessions, such as full degree planning or in-depth prerequisite reviews, we recommend utilizing this in-person advising option.
- Drop-in advising on main campus is available to all students, of all majors and prospective students. These occur every Wednesday from 10:30am-12:30pm (AZ time) during the Fall and Spring semesters, barring holidays. Due to COVID, these are cancelled until further notice.
- Drop-in advising virtually, via Zoom, is available to all students, of all majors and prospective students. These occur every Thursday from 10:30am-12:30pm (AZ time) during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters, barring holidays. Any time from 10:30am, until last call at 12:25pm, you may go to https://arizona.zoom.us/j/94122302635 to meet with an advisor. You will be put into a waiting room in the order you queued up for, until the advisor pulls you in for your private drop-in advising session.
- For quick questions or clarifications, we recommend utilizing this in-person advising option. If you are looking for more in-depth appointments or this is your first time seeing an advisor, please use the full appointment option above instead.
Every DNP and PhD student is required to have a College of Nursing Faculty Advisor for academic coursework and a graduate student services coordinator for all support services.
DNP students will be assigned an advisor based on their practice specialty.
PhD students are required to contact potential faculty mentors to discuss your research goals in relation to faculty expertise. Start by learning about our Research Areas of Excellence and then learn about the faculty members doing work in each area to find your match.
To work with a Graduate Student Services Coordinator, stop by our office, give us a call or send an email.
Office of Student Support & Community Engagement
College of Nursing, Room 112
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM
Phone: 520-626-3808 or 1-800-288-6158
Receive the help you need to achieve your academic goals.
Do you have anxiety around test taking or struggle with writing essays? Need help preparing for the NCLEX? No matter whether you are pre-nursing or about to finish your PhD, we have experts available to help along the way. Our Academic Coach and Writing Coach have years of experience preparing students to put their best foot forward. Appointments can be scheduled in person or online via Zoom.