Emmons – Dean’s Research Award
The Emmons – Dean’s Research Award is provided by a generous donor and the College of Nursing Dean to assist full-time, research-intensive College of Nursing faculty holding doctorates to complete formative work to directly contribute to the submission of successful extramural research proposals. The extramural research proposal submission must occur within 6 months of completing the Emmons-funded study. Funds up to $40,000 may be requested.
Who is eligible to apply?
Any tenure eligible or clinical track full-time faculty member who has established a research trajectory, and whose CV can show evidence of publications, funding, and/or proposal submissions.
Letter of Intent
A letter of intent is required but not binding. The letter of intent is needed for ORS to identify and arrange for appropriate reviewers.
Letter of Intent: October 4, 2023
Submission due date: November 1, 2023
Funding Decision and Summary Statement: December 1, 2023
Start Date: December 4, 2023
End Date: December 31, 2024
Mid-year Report: June 30, 2024
Final Report: March 31, 2024
Letter of Intent Requirements
- Principal Investigator’s name
- Project Title
- Brief description of the project (2-3 sentences)
- Names of all other co-investigators and consultants
- List of three potential reviewers
- Target Date and funding announcement number for extramural submission
- Funding Agency for extramural submission
Submit the Letter of Intent by October 4, 2023 and the Application by November 1, 2023 to the Office of Research and Scholarship (CON-ORS@arizona.edu). Attach as a PDF document.
- Proposals will be reviewed by two reviewers (combination of internal and external to the college or the UA).
- Proposals judged as no longer eligible for future review by an external funding agency cannot be funded under this program until evidence is shown that the original application has been substantially re-conceptualized and revised.
- A mid-year progress report and a final report must be submitted to ORS.
- Copies of all publications resulting from the research should also be submitted to ORS.
- Acknowledge the College of Nursing Laurence B. Emmons – Dean’s Awards Program in any dissemination of results from the research.