There can be a number of reasons that your course does not appear in D2L.
- Always check UAccess to make sure that you are enrolled at the UA (or have not been dropped from the course).
- Most courses are hidden until the first day of classes. If you have questions about the course, please contact the instructor or wait for the course to open.
- You can collapse the semester heading by clicking on it, causing your courses to "disappear". Please make sure you semester has been expanded.
- If other members of the course can see it, but you still do not have access, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make sure you get into your course.
To give students special access to take an exam, please follow the attached PDF.
Please see attachment
To create a link to an article from AHSL follow the attached instructions.
You now have the ability to add other faculty to your course. Here is the tutorial:
If you have questions about the different roles, please check out these descriptions:
If you have questions or need any help, please email us at email@example.com.
Here is the link to Main Campuses help file:
Once you have finalized your grades in D2L, you can post them to Main Campus by going to http://uaccess.arizona.edu/
Please note that only the Course Chair can post grades.
- Sign into Instructor Center* (near the bottom of the list)
- Select your semester to get the list of courses you are in.
- Click the Grade Roster button for the class you wish to grade. The Grade Roster button is one of the icons before the course title.
- To import grades from D2L, click the Import Grades from D2L button.
- To grade individual students, indicate the grades in the Roster Grade column to the right of the student’s name.
- To grade a group of students, click the checkbox to the left of the students’ names, indentify the applicable grade in the field at the bottom of the screen, then click the <-Add this grade to Selected Students button.
- Return to the top of the screen and select the proper Grade Roster Action.
- Select Ready for Review if you are entering grades for faculty, or are only authorized to enter grades. Once you enter Ready for Review and click Save, you will not be able to change or add any additional grades.
- Select Approved if all grades have been entered and you are authorized to post grades. Once you enter Approved and click Save, you will then have to click the Post button at the bottom of the screen.
- Repeat for any additional courses or section you have.
As many of you know, Joy found a great program for importing quizzes in D2L at: https://kb.wisc.edu/luwmad/page.php?id=41417
For the quiz to import correctly, there are certain formatting options to consider. If you want us to import your quizzes into D2L, please follow this format.
The full set of directions can be found at: https://kb.wisc.edu/images/group16/41417/D2Lquestiontooldocumentationv1-2.pdf
But here are the examples for multiple choice and true/false.
Multiple choice examples:
1. Which of the following is a planet?
a) The sun
c) Proxima Centauri
2) Which of the following is a planet?
1. The sun
3. Proxima Centauri
3) Water consists of hydrogen and oxygen.
Please see attached PDF on how to make your course active or inactive.
Request a D2L course site by completing the Request a Course Site form.
- Instructors must request a course site for each class they intend to teach in a particular semester.
- Site will be ready within 24 hours.
To access and use one of the D2L Templates, follow the instructions in the PDF attached below.
To customize an existing D2L Template page, refer to the PDF attached below.
For additional help using these D2L Templates, contact CON-ServiceDesk@email.arizona.edu.
UA faculty, students, and staff can access D2L.
There is no cost to use D2L.