UAHS Zoom is a sub account of the University's Zoom subscription intended to meet the unique needs of the UA Health Sciences community.
Zoom is a video and web conferencing solution offering audio, video, screen sharing, and much more. You can join meetings using Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, or a telephone. With Zoom you can:
- Host online meetings with up to 500 participants
- Collaborate from nearly anywhere with HD video and high quality audio
- Share your screen, annotate documents, or use a digital whiteboard
- Poll your audience or monitor attention of participants
- Record your meetings and auto-generate transcripts
- Offer online office hours to your students using a virtual waiting room
- Request remote control of another person's computer to provide technical assistance
- Plan and host webinars, including registration, and post-event reporting
Zoom can be used in your office, at home, on your mobile device, or in select conference and classrooms around the UA Health Sciences. UAHS Zoom is also integrated with UA D2L to facilitate synchronous online course sessions or breakout groups.
- Launch the Zoom App
- Click on Sign In
- Select Login with SSO
- Enter your University email address (NetID@email.arizona.edu) and select Continue or choose to manually enter the domain "UAHS"
- You should be redirected to log into WebAuth with your UA NetID and password, then Zoom will be logged in
Testing Your Computer/Device With Zoom
UAHS Zoom offers end-to-end encryption of all meetings and presentation content but it is not yet approved for use with sensitive data such as PHI regulated by HIPAA. We are working with Zoom and the UA Privacy and Security Offices to address this and will announce its availability when it is in place. In the meantime, if you need a solution for meetings containing sensitive data, please contact Steve Machtley for assistance.
Zoom and D2L
The navigation bar for courses in UAHS D2L departments should now show UA Tools Health Sciences. Under that menu you will find Zoom for Instructors UAHS. Using this link to book your online class meetings will automatically use your personal UAHS Zoom Pro account. It will also put a link to your online meeting in your course calendar. See picture below:
Support for UAHS Zoom
Contact your college/unit IT support team, or LHTI Support Services (if part of the College of Nursing)
Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding University holidays.
UAHS Zoom is available to the employees, designated campus colleagues (DCCs), and students of the UA Health Sciences colleges, centers, and departments. You must have a UA NetID to sign up for and use UAHS Zoom as a meeting host. Anyone may join a meeting hosted by a UAHS Zoom user.
UAHS Zoom is administered by the Office of Learning & Healthcare Technology Innovations in the College of Nursing. If you have questions or feedback regarding the UAHS Zoom service offering, please contact Steve Machtley.