Zoom Tips for Teaching During the Pandemic
- Scheduling your Zoom Class Meeting via D2L
- Microtutorial - Scheduling your Zoom Class Meeting via D2L
- Scheduling a Zoom Meeting Outside of D2L
- Saving Zoom Meeting Recordings in Panopto
- Microtutorial - Accessing Zoom Recordings in D2L
- Quick Guide on the Zoom Interface
- Microtutorial - Zoom Interface for Effective Hosting
- Getting Started with Breakout Rooms
- Downloading a Video from Zoom and Uploading to Panopto
UAHS Zoom is a sub account of the University's Zoom subscription intended to meet the unique needs of the UA Health Sciences community.
Zoom is a video and web conferencing solution offering audio, video, screen sharing, and much more. You can join meetings using Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, or a telephone. With Zoom you can:
- Host online meetings with up to 500 participants
- Collaborate from nearly anywhere with HD video and high quality audio
- Share your screen, annotate documents, or use a digital whiteboard
- Poll your audience or monitor attention of participants
- Record your meetings and auto-generate transcripts
- Offer online office hours to your students using a virtual waiting room
- Request remote control of another person's computer to provide technical assistance
- Plan and host webinars, including registration, and post-event reporting
Zoom can be used in your office, at home, on your mobile device, or in select conference and classrooms around the UA Health Sciences. UAHS Zoom is also integrated with UA D2L to facilitate synchronous online course sessions or breakout groups.
Zoom for Health
A separate version of Zoom exists to facilitate health-related collaboration. Please visit the HIPAA Privacy Program's Zoom for Health webpage for training and more info.
- Launch the Zoom App
- Click on Sign In
- Select Login with SSO
- Enter your University email address (NetID@email.arizona.edu) and select Continue or choose to manually enter the domain "ARIZONA"
- You should be redirected to log into WebAuth with your UA NetID and password, then Zoom will be logged in
Testing Your Computer/Device With Zoom
Zoom for Health is a version of the web-based video conferencing tool with enhanced security. Zoom for Health is approved by the UA HIPAA Privacy Program to facilitate health-related collaboration. Use of Zoom for Health is suitable for:
- Health Education
- Health Data Research
Training Videos and a Getting Started Guide for Zoom for Health is available through the HIPAA Privacy Program's Zoom for Health webpage.
To use Zoom for Health, you must login via the portal at https://hipaa-zoom.arizona.edu
Zoom and D2L
The navigation bar for courses in UAHS D2L departments should now show UA Tools Health Sciences. Under that menu you will find Zoom for Instructors UAHS. Using this link to book your online class meetings will automatically use your personal UAHS Zoom Pro account. It will also put a link to your online meeting in your course calendar.
See picture below:
Support for UAHS Zoom
Contact your college/unit IT support team, or LHTI Support Services (if part of the College of Nursing)
Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, excluding University holidays.
Zoom is available to the employees, designated campus colleagues (DCCs), and students. You must have a UA NetID to sign up for and use Zoom as a meeting host. Anyone may join a meeting hosted by a Zoom user.
Zoom is administered by the Office of Learning & Healthcare Technology Innovations in the College of Nursing. If you have questions or feedback regarding the UAHS Zoom service offering, please contact Steve Machtley.