HESI Exam Process
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, testing is currently unavailable through the UA Testing Office or through in-person options. In response, you may use the online process through Proctor U to test. To set up that process please see the guide above.
Additionally, the following considerations should be noted for the HESI exam:
- The only sections needed are Reading, Vocabulary, Math, and Biology. An eligible score requires at least those 4 sections in 1 testing attempt.
- Score is calculated as the average amongst the 4 required sections, with a minimum score required of 75% needed (though higher recommended)
- Additional sections, such as Chemistry or Physiology, will not be utilized in your score average for the application.
- All applicants are allowed up to 2 attempts per application cycle, regardless of how close in time attempt #1 and #2 are.
- Applicants cannot take the exam more than twice per application cycle.
- Applicants may utilize the highest score between all eligible attempts, rather than the most recent score.
- HESI scores expire after 1 year and must be eligible on the deadline of the application applicants are applying for.
- For example, a HESI score that expires November 1, 2021 would not be able to be used for the December 15, 2021 deadline.