Improve the cancer care experience for your community!
This online program prepares the community health worker to assume the role of cancer navigator, providing foundational knowledge and skills necessary to support patients diagnosed with cancer. Improve quality of life for patients and families and earn your cancer navigation certificate.
Through our cancer navigation certificate program, you will learn how to:
- Reduce barriers to care
- Improve communication with patients, families and their health care team
- Broker community resources to improve health outcomes, quality of life and wellbeing for all cancer survivors
How do I take the course?
How long does it take?
How much does it cost?
Preview the program
At the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Assume the role of the patient navigator on an interprofessional cancer care team.
- Explain basics of cancer science, including differences between cancer types, how cancer may be prevented, factors that contribute to cancer risk, the benefits of screening techniques, and methods of cancer detection to individuals and families.
- Describe the staging of cancer and treatment options available to patients.
- Appropriately apply basic and advanced communication strategies to support and advocate for patients and families across the Cancer Care Continuum.
- Assess and prioritize patient/family needs to ensure appropriate and timely care for patients and families experiencing cancer.
- Identify and connect patients to community resources and healthcare services.
- Reduce barriers to cancer care by facilitating access and improving communication between the healthcare team and the patient/family.
- Teach patients/family to improve health literacy and increase self-care for symptom management and health promotion.
This course is self-paced and asynchronous. Lessons must be completed sequentially. Lessons include reading on-screen text, interpreting graphics, exploring websites, and reading articles via links to external websites.
Contact us for more information about group pricing and continuing education credit.
Janelle Jensen, MPH | (520) 621-9699 | email@example.com